Arixtra for Other SituationsIf you are taking Arixtra for an unapproved use (an "off-label" use), you should be aware that there are no clearly established dosage amounts for such uses.
General Information on Using ArixtraSome considerations for people taking Arixtra include the following:
- This medication is given as an injection just under the skin (as a subcutaneous injection) once a day.
- The injections are usually given in the fatty layer on the abdomen (the "stomach" area).
- If you are in a hospital, a healthcare provider will probably administer the injection. However, you may be sent home with this medication, in which case you or a caregiver must administer the injections.
- Make sure your healthcare provider shows you exactly how to inject Arixtra.
- Do not inject this medication into a muscle. It should be injected into the fat layer under the skin.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. You may be increasing your risk for serious problems if you stop taking it too soon.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with Arixtra, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.