What If I Overdose on Lovenox?People who take too much of this medication may experience bleeding, including dangerous internal bleeding. Seek immediate medical attention if you or someone else may have overdosed on this medication.
(Click Lovenox Overdose for more information.)
How Should This Medication Be Stored?Lovenox should be stored at room temperature. Make sure to keep this and all other medications out of the reach of children and pets.
Available Strengths of LovenoxLovenox is available in two different concentrations. The 100 mg per mL concentration comes in the followings strengths and forms:
- Lovenox 30 mg prefilled syringes (0.3 mL)
- Lovenox 40 mg prefilled syringes (0.4 mL)
- Lovenox 60 mg prefilled syringes (0.6 mL)
- Lovenox 80 mg prefilled syringes (0.8 mL)
- Lovenox 100 mg prefilled syringes (1 mL)
- Lovenox 300 mg per 3 mL multi-dose vials.
A more concentrated form is also available (generally for people who need very large doses). The 150 mg per mL concentration comes in the following strengths:
- Lovenox 120 mg prefilled syringes (0.8 mL)
- Lovenox 150 mg prefilled syringes (1 mL).
It is important to note that the two smallest strengths (the 30 mg and 40 mg strengths) come in prefilled syringes that are not graduated. This means that the syringes do not have any measurement lines or any other way to adjust the dosage. The higher strengths of the prefilled syringes are graduated (they have measurement lines), meaning the dose may be adjusted as necessary.
Lovenox prefilled syringes each come with a 27 gauge, 0.5-inch needle attached.