Blood Home > Ferriprox
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, hepatitis, or cirrhosis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Low potassium levels (hypokalemia)
- Low magnesium levels (hypomagnesemia)
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- A slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- QT prolongation or long QT syndrome
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Ferriprox and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Ferriprox and Breastfeeding).