Blood Home > Fragmin Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Take Fragmin?You should not take Fragmin if you:
- Are allergic to Fragmin, dalteparin, or any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have active major bleeding.
- Have ever had heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT).
- Are allergic to heparin or pork products.
- Will be receiving spinal or epidural anesthesia (although this may be acceptable in certain circumstances).