Blood Home > Lovenox
Side Effects of LovenoxAs with any medicine, Lovenox can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. Most people tolerate it quite well.
- Low blood platelets.
Drug InteractionsThis medication may potentially interact with a number of other medicines (see Lovenox Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- A bleeding disorder (not a clotting disorder)
- Intestinal or stomach ulcers or bleeding
- Bleeding in the brain
- An aneurysm
- A bacterial infection of the endocardium (the inner layer of the heart)
- Had a negative reaction to heparin
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure
- Had recent brain, eye, or spinal surgery
- High blood pressure
- Diabetic retinopathy (an eye condition)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Lovenox and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Lovenox and Breastfeeding).