Blood Home > Lovenox Uses
Can Children Use It?Lovenox is not approved for use in children. This does not mean that children absolutely cannot take Lovenox; it just means that this medication (like most medications) has not been adequately studied in children. Talk with your child's healthcare provider about the particular benefits and risks of using Lovenox in children.
Off-Label Uses for LovenoxOn occasion, your healthcare provider may recommend Lovenox for something other than the uses discussed in this article. Some possible off-label uses of Lovenox include:
- "Bridge therapy" in people who must temporarily stop taking warfarin (Coumadin®, Jantoven®)
- Long-term management of clotting disorders in people who cannot take warfarin
- Preventing DVT after moderate-risk general surgeries
- Preventing DVT after gynecological surgery
- Preventing DVT in people with cancer
- Managing clotting disorders in pregnant women or preventing recurring pregnancy loss (see Lovenox and Pregnancy).