Blood Home > Lovenox Warnings and Precautions
Notify your healthcare provider immediately if you are taking Lovenox and experience symptoms such as easy bruising, vomiting of blood, or vision changes. This medication may not be safe for people with certain medical conditions, such as a bleeding disorder, high blood pressure, or an aneurysm. Other warnings and precautions with Lovenox apply to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Lovenox?Talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Lovenox® (enoxaparin sodium) if you have:
- A bleeding disorder (not a clotting disorder)
- Intestinal or stomach ulcers or bleeding
- Bleeding in the brain
- An aneurysm
- A bacterial infection of the endocardium (the inner layer of the heart)
- Had a negative reaction to heparin
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure
- Had recent brain, eye, or spinal surgery
- High blood pressure
- Diabetic retinopathy (an eye condition)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant.