Blood Home > Pralatrexate Dosage
General Information on Receiving PralatrexateSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with pralatrexate include the following:
- Pralatrexate comes as a liquid that is given as an a slow injection into a vein (an intravenous, or IV, injection), over three to five minutes, once a week for six weeks, followed by a one-week break.
- The injection will be given by a healthcare provider in a healthcare setting, such as a hospital or clinic.
- You will need to take folic acid and vitamin B12 during treatment to help prevent certain side effects.
- Pralatrexate should be inspected before use and should not be used if it contains particles or is discolored.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. It is important to keep all of your appointments to receive your pralatrexate doses.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.