Blood Home > Side Effects of Pyridoxine
Nausea, mild drowsiness, and sensitivity to the sun are some of the bothersome (but usually not dangerous) side effects that have been reported with pyridoxine. Serious side effects of pyridoxine include coordination problems and numbness or unusual sensations in the hands and feet. These should be reported to your healthcare provider immediately.
Serious Side EffectsSome possible side effects of pyridoxine are more serious and should always be reported to your healthcare provider. These side effects (which may be signs of a dangerous reaction to pyridoxine or signs that your pyridoxine dosage is too high) include:
- Numbness or unusual sensations (such as tingling), often in the hands or feet
- Coordination problems, due to lack of sensation in the limbs
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- Hives or a rash
- Swelling of the lips, mouth, or throat
- Wheezing or other difficulty breathing.
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Mild drowsiness
- Sensitivity to the sun
- Breast enlargement or breast pain.