The standard dosage of Nascobal is one spray in one nostril once a week. Make sure to not eat or drink anything hot for at least one hour before and one hour after using this nasal spray. Also, try to use Nascobal on the same day each week to help remember when your dose is due.
An Introduction to Dosing With NascobalThere is only one standard recommended dosage of Nascobal® (cyanocobalamin nasal spray), regardless of the reason you are using it. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
What Is the Recommended Nascobal Dosage?The recommended dosage of Nascobal is usually one spray (500 mcg) in one nostril one time a week. The Nascobal bottle must be "primed" before each use. The instructions for priming the bottle vary, depending on whether it is the first time you are using it or if you are using it for subsequent doses. Make sure to carefully follow the instructions that come with your prescription to make sure you are using the medication correctly.
General Information on Using NascobalSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Nascobal include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a nasal spray. It is usually sprayed one time in one nostril once a week.
- Do not eat hot foods or drink hot liquids for at least one hour before and one hour after your Nascobal dose. Hot foods or liquids can cause your nose to produce mucus that could wash away the nasal spray.
- Try to take your dose on the same day each week to make it easier to remember when your dose is due.
- This medication comes with an information leaflet describing its proper use. Read the leaflet carefully before using Nascobal to make sure you understand how to use it. If you have any questions, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Do not stop using this medicine unless your healthcare provider tells you to do so, even if you feel well, as it could cause your anemia to return.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Nascobal dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.