It is not exactly clear what to expect if someone overdoses on Nascobal (cyanocobalamin nasal spray). If someone uses too much of this medication, it is likely that he or she may experience any of the usual side effects, such as headaches, nausea, and weakness. If treatment is needed, it will likely consist of supportive care to treat any symptoms that occur.
Can You Use Too Much Nascobal?Nascobal® (cyanocobalamin nasal spray) is a prescription nasal spray approved to treat or prevent low levels of vitamin B12 in certain people. It is a form of vitamin B12 known as cyanocobalamin.
Because vitamin B12 is a fairly safe vitamin to take, a Nascobal overdose is unlikely to cause significant problems. However, it is always important to seek medical attention if you or anyone else may have taken too much of any medication, including Nascobal.
Symptoms of an OverdoseThere have not been any reports of a Nascobal overdose. Therefore, it is not entirely clear what to expect from using too much. There are also no known symptoms of a vitamin B12 overdose, and most people do not experience problems from even very large doses.
Some people may experience side effects from this medication, and it is reasonable to assume that an overdose could also cause the usual side effects. Some of the possible side effects may include:
- A stuffy or runny nose
- Weakness and lack of energy
- Tongue swelling (glossitis)
- Abnormal sensations of tingling, burning, pricking, or numbness of the skin.
Treatment for a Nascobal OverdoseIn many cases, no treatment will be necessary. If treatment is needed, it will likely involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you or someone else may have used too much Nascobal.