When and How to Use ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Nascobal include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a nasal spray. It is usually sprayed one time in one nostril once a week.
- Do not eat hot foods or drink hot liquids for at least one hour before and one hour after your Nascobal dose. Hot foods or liquids can cause your nose to produce mucus that could wash away your dose.
- Try to take your dose on the same day each week to make it easier to remember when your dose is due.
- This medication comes with an information leaflet describing its proper use. Read the leaflet carefully before using Nascobal to make sure you understand how to use it. If you have any questions, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Do not stop using this medicine unless your healthcare provider tells you to do so, even if you feel well, as it could cause your anemia to return.
Dosing InformationThere is only one standard Nascobal dose. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Nascobal Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of NascobalJust like any medicine, Nascobal may cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Nascobal include but are not limited to:
- Weakness or lack of energy.
(Click Nascobal Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)